XQuery: Search Across a Variety of XML Data, 2nd Edition is published by O'Reilly Media on January 7, 2016. This book has 758 pages in English, ISBN-10 1491915102, ISBN-13 978-1491915103. PDF, EPUB, MOBI is available for download below.
The W3C XQuery 3.1 standard provides a tool to search, extract, and manipulate content, whether it’s in XML, JSON or plain text. With this fully updated, in-depth tutorial, you’ll learn to program with this highly practical query language.
Designed for query writers who have some knowledge of XML basics, but not necessarily advanced knowledge of XML-related technologies, this book is ideal as both a tutorial and a reference. You’ll find background information for namespaces, schemas, built-in types, and regular expressions that are relevant to writing XML queries.
This second edition provides:
- A high-level overview and quick tour of XQuery
- New chapters on higher-order functions, maps, arrays, and JSON
- A carefully paced tutorial that teaches XQuery without being bogged down by the details
- Advanced concepts for taking advantage of modularity, namespaces, typing, and schemas
- Guidelines for working with specific types of data, such as numbers, strings, dates, URIs, maps and arrays
- XQuery’s implementation-specific features and its relationship to other standards including SQL and XSLT
- A complete alphabetical reference to the built-in functions, types, and error messages