Windows 10 Revealed: The Universal Windows Operating System for PC, Tablets, and Windows Phone is published by Apress on August 24, 2015. This book has 96 pages in English, ISBN-10 1484206878, ISBN-13 978-1484206874. PDF, EPUB is available for download below.
Windows 10 Revealed is your essential step-by-step guide to using a desktop, laptop, Surface or Windows Phone running Microsoft Windows 10, providing a complete resource for both the beginner and the enthusiast. Techniques are illustrated step-by-step using photography and screen shots throughout, together with concise, easy to follow text from an established expert in the field, providing a comprehensive guide to Windows.
Whether you have just bought your first computer, laptop or are a keen computer user who has just upgraded to Windows 10, this book will provide you with a firm grasp of the underpinning foundations and equip you with the skills needed to use a computer like a pro.
What you’ll learn
- Upgrading your device to Windows 10
- Navigating around the Windows interface and user experience for PC, Surface tablet and Windows Phone
- A tour of Windows 10’s features, menus and utilities
- Making best use of the interactive notifications and quick links on your phone
- Using the new capabilities of the built-in browser, Edge, on all types of devices
- Using and customizing Cortana, the personal digital assistant, to meet your needs
- Using the new built in universal apps like Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Using other apps like Mail, Calendar and Photos
- Syncing your work across all your devices
- Understanding the daily common tasks you can perform with this new version of Windows
Who this book is for
This book is for those users new to Windows 10, coming from Windows 8.1, Windows 7 or even new to Windows altogether.