Web Development with Go: Building Scalable Web Apps and RESTful Services is published by Apress on December 25, 2015. This book has 312 pages in English, ISBN-10 1484210530, ISBN-13 978-1484210536. PDF, EPUB, MOBI is available for download below.
Web Development with Go: Building Scalable Web Apps and RESTful Services.
Take a deep dive into web development using the Go programming language to build web apps and RESTful services to create reliable and efficient software. Web Development with Go provides Go language fundamentals and then moves on to advanced web development concepts and successful deployment of Go web apps to the cloud.
Web Development with Go will teach you how to develop scalable real-world web apps, RESTful services, and backend systems with Go. The book starts off by covering Go programming language fundamentals as a prerequisite for web development. After a thorough understanding of the basics, the book delves into web development using the built-in package, net/http. With each chapter you’ll be introduced to new concepts for gradually building a real-world web system.
The book further shows you how to integrate Go with other technologies. For example, it provides an overview of using MongoDB as a means of persistent storage, and provides an end-to-end REST API sample as well. Developers looking for a full-fledged web development framework for building web apps will be introduced to Beego. The book then moves on to demonstrate how to deploy web apps to the cloud using the Google Cloud platform. Finally, the book introduces Docker, a revolutionary container technology platform for deploying containerized Go web apps to the cloud.
Web Development with Go provides:
- Fundamentals for building real-world web apps in Go
- Thorough coverage of prerequisites and practical code examples
- Demo web apps for attaining a deeper understanding of web development
- A reference REST API app which can be used to build scalable real-world backend services in Go
- A thorough demonstration of deploying web apps to the Cloud using the Google Cloud platform, and Docker for deploying Go servers
Go is a high-performance language while providing greater level of developer productivity, therefore Web Development with Go equips you with the necessary skills and knowledge required for effectively building robust and efficient web apps by leveraging the features of Go.
What you’ll learn
- Fundamentals of the Go programming language
- How to develop web apps and RESTful services using the Go internal package net/http
- How to persist data into MongoDB from Go web apps
- How to develop web apps using Go third-party packages
- How to deploy Go web apps to the Google Cloud platform
Who this book is for
Intermediate and advanced web developers looking to gain a deep insight of Go.