Using Docker: Developing and Deploying Software with Containers is published by O'Reilly Media on January 7, 2016. This book has 358 pages in English, ISBN-10 1491915765, ISBN-13 978-1491915769. PDF, EPUB, MOBI is available for download below.
Docker containers offer simpler, faster, and more robust methods for developing, distributing, and running software than previously available. With this hands-on guide, you’ll learn why containers are so important, what you’ll gain by adopting Docker, and how to make it part of your development process.
Ideal for developers, operations engineers, and system administrators—especially those keen to embrace a DevOps approach—Using Docker will take you from Docker and container basics to running dozens of containers on a multi-host system with networking and scheduling. The core of the book walks you through the steps needed to develop, test, and deploy a web application with Docker.
- Get started with Docker by building and deploying a simple web application
- Use Continuous Deployment techniques to push your application to production multiple times a day
- Learn various options and techniques for logging and monitoring multiple containers
- Examine networking and service discovery: how do containers find each other and how do you connect them?
- Orchestrate and cluster containers to address load-balancing, scaling, failover, and scheduling
- Secure your system by following the principles of defense-in-depth and least privilege