Unity 5.x Animation Cookbook is published by Packt Publishing on May 27, 2016. This book has 328 pages in English, ISBN-10 1785883917, ISBN-13 978-1785883910. PDF, EPUB, MOBI is available for download below.
Unity 5.x Animation Cookbook.
This recipe-based practical guide will show you how to unleash the power of animation in Unity 5.x and make your games visually impeccable. Our primary focus is on showing you tools and techniques to animate not only humanoid biped characters, but also other elements. This includes non-humanoid character animation, game world creation, UI element animation, and other key features such as opening doors, changing lights, transitioning to different scenes, using physics, setting up ragdolls, creating destructible objects and more.While discussing these topics, the book will focus on mecanim, the Unity 3D animation tool, and how you can use it to perform all these tasks efficiently and quickly. It contains a downloadable Unity project with interactive examples for all the recipes. By the end of this book, you will be confident and self-sufficient in animating your Unity 3D games efficiently.
What you will learn
- Importing animations to Unity
- Work with different animation assets and components
- Create, visualize, and edit animated creatures
- Animating game cut scenes
- Design character actions and expressions
- Create gameplay by animating characters and environments
- Use animations to drive in-game logic