Unboxing Android USB: A hands on approach with real world examples is published by Apress on May 14, 2014. This book has 200 pages in English, ISBN-10 1430262087, ISBN-13 978-1430262084. PDF is available for download below.
Unboxing Android USB focuses on apps that use USB. This book covers everything starting from simple tasks like managing media with USB to complex tasks like Android ADB and developing application which exploit the potential of USB framework.
With use cases that help developers build real world apps in real-time utilizing the advanced features of USB framework Unboxing Android USB tries to cover every single aspect of the app development cycle in totality.
Unboxing Android USB helps you learn newly introduced android open accessory protocol with unique examples such as using USB Keyboard with Android device without USB host mode enabled and switching from MTP to MSC.
The book is organized based on the USB functions, with each chapter explaining different USB classes available in Android. The functionalities are explained by starting from the USB specification followed by block diagrams that explain different blocks available in that USB class, followed by sequence diagram that elucidates flow of control and data. Each chapter has a unique sample Android application that uses the particular USB function.
What you’ll learn
- Understand USB Android framework all the way to the kernel layer and develop advance USB applications through sequence diagrams
- Learn different USB Class supported by Android framework
- Learn newly introduced android open accessory protocol with unique examples.( Using USB Keyboard with Android device, without USB host mode)
Who this book is for
- Application developer and engineers who do hands on work with Android.
- Core platform developers working on USB, Audio, media and others
- Technical managers or Architects or senior managers working on different blocks of the Android subsystem.