Troubleshooting Xcode is published by Apress on September 23, 2015. This book has 148 pages in English, ISBN-10 1484215613, ISBN-13 978-1484215616. PDF, EPUB, MOBI is available for download below.
Troubleshooting Xcode is a handbook for software developers of all levels creating applications for iOS and OS X using both Objective-C and Swift.
If you’ve struggled in the past to make Xcode work as expected, to solve problems that defy logic, and to understand Xcode’s misleading or cryptic error messages and unexpected crashes, Troubleshooting Xcode is for you.
Troubleshooting Xcode is great for the developer wanting to extend his or her knowledge about obscure problems and limitations involving the use of Xcode, Objective-C, and Swift as well as how to use automation to increase productivity and make some repetitive tasks easier.
What you’ll learn
- Learn about some classical bugs and limitations of iOS, OS X, and Xcode and how to solve or avoid them.
- Know when you should never use Storyboards for your OS X application.
- Discover several workarounds you can use to bypass some of the hardest problems you may face.
- Know how to use scripts to automate repetitive tasks like the creation of in- app purchase packages or icons for your application.
- Understand how you can create images that are better compressed and smaller.
- Learn how to avoid falling into common pitfalls.
- Learn how to use C to workaround some Objective-C limitations.
Who this book is for
iOS and OS X developers who need to troubleshoot problems and limitations with Xcode. Developers with all levels of experience will find helpful information in Troubleshooting Xcode.