Swift Quick Syntax Reference is published by Apress on September 23, 2014. This book has 180 pages in English, ISBN-10 1484204409, ISBN-13 978-1484204405. PDF is available for download below.
Swift Quick Syntax Reference is a condensed code and syntax reference to the new Apple Swift programming language, which is the alternative new programming language alongside Objective-C behind the APIs found in the Apple iOS SDK 8 and OS X Yosemite SDK. It presents the essential Swift syntax in a well-organized format that can be used as a handy reference.
You won’t find any technical jargon, bloated samples, drawn out history lessons, or witty stories in this book. What you will find is a language reference that is concise, to the point, and highly accessible. The book is packed with useful information and is a must-have for any Swift programmer.
In the Swift Quick Syntax Reference, you will find a concise reference to the Swift language syntax using the new Playgrounds. Playgrounds lets you type a line of code and the result appears immediately.
What you’ll learn
- How to declare and print constants and variables
- What are and how to use numbers, strings, booleans, tuples, optionals, aliases, global and local variables, assertions and more
- How to use assignment, arithmetic, comparison, ternary conditional, range, and logical operators
- What are enumerations, arrays, dictionaries, loops, if/switch, control transfer, labeled statements
- How to do closures in Swift
- How to define or handle structures, classes, instances, class instance identity, properties, property observers, type properties, and type methods
- How to work with subscripts, inheritance, overriding methods/properties, initialization, type checking/casting, nested types, extensions, delegation, generics and more…
Who this book is for
This book is a quick, handy syntax reference for experienced Objective-C, Mac, and iOS programmers, and a concise, easily-digested introduction for other programmers new to Mac, iOS and of course Swift.