SAP Project Management Pitfalls: How to Avoid the Most Common Pitfalls of an SAP Solution is published by Apress on December 27, 2015. This book has 325 pages in English, ISBN-10 1484213904, ISBN-13 978-1484213902. PDF is available for download below.
SAP Project Management Pitfalls: How to Avoid the Most Common Pitfalls of an SAP Solution.
Master the SAP product ecosystem, the client environment, and the feasibility of implementing critical business process with the required technical and functional configuration. SAP Project Management Pitfalls is the first book to provide you with real examples of the pitfalls that you can avoid, providing you with a road-map to a successful implementation.
Jay Kay, a SAP Program Manager for Capgemini, first takes a deep dive into common pitfalls in implementing SAP ERP projects in a complex IT landscape. You will learn about the potential causes of failures, study a selection of relevant project implementation case studies in the area, and see a range of possible countermeasures. Jay Kay also provides background on each – the significance of each implementation area, its relevance to a service company that implements SAP projects, and the current state of research.
Key highlights of the book:
- Tools and techniques for project planning and templates for allocating resources
- Industry standards and innovations in SAP implementation projects in the form of standard solutions aimed at successful implementation
- Managing SAP system ECC upgrades, EHP updates and project patches
- Learn effective ways to implement robust SAP release management practices (change management, BAU)
Wearing a practitioner’s insight, Jay Kay explores the relevance of each failed implementation scenario and how to support your company or clients to succeed in a SAP implementation. There are many considerations when implementing SAP, but as you will learn, knowledge, insight, and effective tools to mitigate risks can take you to a successful implementation project.
What you’ll learn
- What are the common pitfalls in SAP implementation projects
- How SAP solution validation and feasibility analysis are done
- How critical integration is done within the SAP ecosystem
- What is the road-map for SAP testing
- How to manage SAP upgrade projects
Who this book is for
The audience for this book includes all levels of SAP technical and functional leads, project managers, release managers, pre-sale consultants, bid managers, consultants, solution architects and executives responsible for implementing SAP projects.