Real World Windows 10 Development, 2nd Edition is published by Apress on December 26, 2015. This book has 607 pages in English, ISBN-10 1484214501, ISBN-13 978-1484214503. PDF, EPUB is available for download below.
Emphasizing XAML and C#, this book provides readers with all the tools, ideas, and inspiration to begin Windows Universal App development for Windows 10.
Real World Windows 10 Development addresses developers who want to break into this market by providing detailed explanations of the various aspects of Universal App development. Written by authors with deep knowledge in Windows 10 universal app development, you will learn how to make the most of the Windows 10 SDK to build applications that can be published on IoT devices, phones, tablets, laptops, desktops, Xbox, HoloLens, and the Surface Hub.
Readers will learn how to:
- Extend the appeal of their native, web-based, or universal apps with media, shell integration, and inter-app communications
- Build adaptive user interfaces that scale to the screen dimensions they are displayed on
- Monitize your apps
- Introduce mapping
What if you already have pre-existing software in the form of native win32 applications or a website? Real World Windows 10 Development tackles this by providing detailed tutorials on the approaches used to leverage your existing code investment.
Finally, Real World Windows 10 Development provides a step-by-step walk through of the various approaches developers can use to distribute their universal apps.
In this book, you’ll get:
- Detailed descriptions of Windows 10 app development
- Samples emphasizing the use of XAML/C#
- Adherence to Windows 10 guidelines for successful app acceptance
What you’ll learn
- How to use the Windows SDK controls
- How to create adaptive experiences that change based on form factor or device family
- How to integrate with the Windows 10 Shell Experience
- How to leverage existing code-base by converting websites and Win32 apps to Windows 10 Universal apps
- How to publish Windows 10 applications: enterprise, side-loaded, store
Who this book is for
Developers with previous experience programming in XAML and C#