R Quick Syntax Reference is published by Apress on April 23, 2014. This book has 228 pages in English, ISBN-10 1430266406, ISBN-13 978-1430266402. PDF is available for download below.
R Quick Syntax Reference.
The R Quick Syntax Reference is a handy reference book detailing the intricacies of the R language. Not only is R a free, open-source tool, R is powerful, flexible, and has state of the art statistical techniques available. With the many details which must be correct when using any language, however, the R Quick Syntax Reference makes using R easier.
Starting with the basic structure of R, the book takes you on a journey through the terminology used in R and the syntax required to make R work. You will find looking up the correct form for an expression quick and easy. With a copy of the R Quick Syntax Reference in hand, you will find that are able to use the multitude of functions available to the R user and are even able to write your own functions to explore and analyze data.
- Takes you through learning R, from download to statistical analysis.
- Clears the confusion around object types and how to use and convert the types.
- Tells you how to search for statistical techniques using the R help pages.
What you’ll learn
- Download R and R packages for your platform.
- Work with R within your file structure.
- Enter data from the keyboard and from external files.
- Determine and assign modes, classes, and types of objects
- Do calculations using the computational tools in R.
- Use R functions and create new functions.
Who this book is for
The R Quick Syntax Reference is for statisticians and other data analysts who are starting to use the R language. It is also for veteran R users who want a quick reference to the language. The book is an excellent choice for the busy data scientist who likes to experiment with new ways of analysis and who needs the flexibility of the data editing available in R.