Python Playground: Geeky Projects for the Curious Programmer is published by No Starch Press on November 7, 2015. This book has 352 pages in English, ISBN-10 1593276044, ISBN-13 978-1593276041. PDF, EPUB, MOBI is available for download below.
Python Playground: Geeky Projects for the Curious Programmer.
Python is a powerful programming language that’s easy to learn and fun to play with. But once you’ve gotten a handle on the basics, what do you do next?
Python Playground is a collection of imaginative programming projects that will inspire you to use Python to make art and music, build simulations of real-world phenomena, and interact with hardware like the Arduino and Raspberry Pi. You’ll learn to use common Python tools and libraries like numpy, matplotlib, and pygame to do things like:
- Generate Spirograph-like patterns using parametric equations and the turtle module
- Create music on your computer by simulating frequency overtones
- Translate graphical images into ASCII art
- Write an autostereogram program that produces 3D images hidden beneath random patterns
- Make realistic animations with OpenGL shaders by exploring particle systems, transparency, and billboarding techniques
- Construct 3D visualizations using data from CT and MRI scans
- Build a laser show that responds to music by hooking up your computer to an Arduino
Programming shouldn’t be a chore. Have some solid, geeky fun with Python Playground.
The projects in this book are compatible with both Python 2 and 3.