Protecting Oracle Database 12c is published by Apress on April 17, 2014. This book has 332 pages in English, ISBN-10 1430262117, ISBN-13 978-1430262114. PDF is available for download below.
Protecting Oracle Database 12c helps you solve the problem of maximizing the safety, resilience, and security of an Oracle database whilst preserving performance, availability, and integration despite ongoing and new security issues in the software. The book demonstrates, through coded examples, how you can enable the consolidation features of Oracle Database 12c without increasing risk of either internal corruption or external vulnerability. In addition, new protections not publicly available are included, so that you can see how demonstrable risk improvements can be achieved, measured, and reported through Enterprise Manager 12c. Most importantly, the challenge of privileged access control within a consolidation environment will be addressed, thus enabling a safe move to greater efficiency.
What you’ll learn
- Oracle database security issues and how to defend against new risks introduced by Oracle Database 12c and pre-existing architectural vulnerabilities, such as incoming DBlinks
- Control and audit the use of SYS privilege over a large estate using native tools
- Use Oracle native audit as an IPS to block threats in real-time
- Leverage root segregation to secure Oracle DB
- Secure privileged access control and break-glass sessions
- Scale automated security controls through Enterprise Manager to a large estate
- Improve your ability to pass audits and stay compliant
Who this book is for
Protecting Oracle Database 12c is primarily aimed at Oracle database administrators, DBA managers, and security staff who are working to safely and securely implement Oracle Database 12c in their environment. The book especially targets those using privileged access control to enable consolidation and the new cloud features set, including it’s multi-tenant database capabilities.