Program the Internet of Things with Swift for iOS is published by Apress on December 27, 2015. This book has 524 pages in English, ISBN-10 1484211952, ISBN-13 978-1484211953. PDF, EPUB, MOBI is available for download below.
Program the Internet of Things with Swift and iOS is a detailed tutorial that will teach you how to build apps using Apple’s native APIs for the Internet of Things, including the Apple Watch, HomeKit, and Apple Pay. This is the second book by Ahmed Bakir (author of Beginning iOS Media App Development) and his team at devAtelier LLC, who have been involved in developing over 20 mobile projects.
Written like a code review, this book presents a detailed “how” and “why” for each topic, explaining Apple-specific design patterns as they come up and pulling lessons from other popular apps. To help you getting up and running quickly, each chapter is framed within a working project, allowing you to use the sample code directly in your apps.
The Internet of Things is not limited to Apple devices alone, so this book also explains how to interface with popular third-party hardware devices, such as the Fitbit and Raspberry Pi, and generic interfaces, like Restful API’s and HTTPS. The Internet of Things is waiting — be a part of it!
What you’ll learn
- How to use HealthKit to log and retrieve fitness information in your apps.
- How to use Core Motion to access the iPhone’s built-in motion sensors.
- How to use WatchKit to build a watch face.
- How to use WatchKit to build an interactive watch app.
- How to take advantage of the advanced sensors on the Apple Watch.
- How to communicate with Bluetooth LE devices.
- How to communicate with iBeacons.
- How to communicate with a Raspberry Pi.
- How to use Keychain Services to encrypt data within your apps.
- How to use Touch ID to add fingerprint-based authentication to your apps.
- How to use Apple Pay to accept payments within your apps.
Who this book is for
Intermediate-level developers who have experience building iOS apps, but are looking to integrate Internet of Things API’s into their apps. This book provides a tutorial-based approach that introduces advanced iOS topics as they come up and pulls in lessons from other popular apps.