Pro PHP and jQuery, 2nd Edition is published by Apress on January 28, 2016. This book has 370 pages in English, ISBN-10 1484212312, ISBN-13 978-1484212318. PDF is available for download below.
Take advantage of the improved performance and reduced memory requirements of PHP version 7, and learn to utilize the new built-in PHP functions and features such as typed variable enforcement with declare(strict_types=1) and the new available data types, scalar type declarations for function arguments and return statements, constant arrays using define(), argument unpacking with the … operator, integer division with intdiv(), the null coalesce operator, the spaceship operator, new exception types, and improvements to existing features.
After reading and using this book, you’ll come away having built a fully functional PHP and jQuery web application that you can reapply as a template for your own particular web application.
What you’ll learn
- How to use PHP 7 to build a calendar application that allows users to post, view, edit, and delete events
- How to use jQuery to allow the calendar app to be viewed and edited without requiring page refreshes using built-in Ajax functions
- How to harness the power and versatility of PHP’s object-oriented programming style
- How to apply the various forms of security available
- How to use jQuery plug-in development patterns to create modular, reusable jQuery plug-ins.
- How to employ jQuery effects, including fading elements, generating HTML markup on the fly, and creating modal windows
Who this book is for
This book is intended for programmers who want to bridge the gap between front- and back-end programming. It does not cover HTML or CSS except where absolutely necessary, and it focuses on taking intermediate PHP developers to the next level while getting comfortable with Ajax and the power of jQuery.