Pro Java 8 Programming is published by Apress on May 24, 2015. This book has 676 pages in English, ISBN-10 1484206428, ISBN-13 978-1484206423. PDF, EPUB, AZW is available for download below.
Pro Java 8 Programming.
You will also delve into more advanced topics like lambda expressions, closures, new i/o (NIO.2), enums, generics, XML, metadata and the Swing APIs for GUI design and development. By the end of the book, you’ll be fully prepared to take advantage of Java’s ease of development, and able to create powerful, sophisticated Java applications.
Pro Java 8 Programming covers the core Java development kit and the finer points of the core standard edition (SE) and development kit version 8. You’ll discover the particulars of working with the Java language and APIs to develop applications in many different contexts.
What you’ll learn
- How to use and design your own libraries, classes and methods
- How to use the new lambda expressions, closures, stream API and more
- How to use the new thread and I/O APIs for today’s Java applications that must perform at enterprise and parallel scales
- How to use the improved collections APIs
- How to build a better Java UI/UX using layout managers, Swing’s JTable and JTree APIs, cut-and-paste, and drag-and-drop
- How to use Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) to connect and integrate with various MySQL, Oracle, and NoSQL databases
- How to work with internationalization, localization and more
- How to effectively use XML and add annotations to your Java applications and more
Who this book is for
This book is for experienced Java programmers or developers looking to further refine or add to their skills and knowledge base.