Pro iOS Table Views and Collection Views: Using Swift 2 is published by Apress on December 21, 2015. This book has 588 pages in English, ISBN-10 1484212436, ISBN-13 978-1484212431. PDF, EPUB, MOBI is available for download below.
Pro iOS Table and Collection Views with Swift takes a task-oriented focus to assist you when implementing customized table views or collection views. It’s a great reference and customization cookbook at the same time, useful for beginners as well as intermediate developers. You’ll learn how to create table and collection views for a variety of screen types, including the new Watch, using the Swift 2 programming language. But this book doesn’t leave the Objective-C programmer behind — you’ll also find code samples for Objective-C.
If you’re an iOS app developer, chances are you’ll be using table views and now collection views in your development projects. Table views are the bread and butter of iOS apps. With them, you can create everything from the simplest of lists to fully tricked-out user interfaces, and the possibilities are even greater now with Watch glances and a larger variety of screen sizes.
Table views and collection views are some of the most complex components found in UIKit. While using them for boring standard user interfaces is quite simple, customizing them can become really challenging.
- Covers the entire Table View and Collection View APIs in depth
- Covers customization and performance topics in depth
- Task-oriented reference with multiple levels of detail
What you’ll learn
- The anatomy of tables and cells
- The design patterns that powers table views and collection views
- How to create and configure table views and collection views
- How to customize every last little detail of the view
- Advanced tips and tricks for performance and killer user interfaces
- The latest updates in iOS 9 and how to exploit them
Who this book is for
The book is for iOS developers who need to customize table views and collection views. The information is divided into several layers of detail. While the book covers complex customization topics and user interaction techniques, it provides the fundamental basics needed for customization. Both beginners and intermediate developers will find great value in this book as a helpful reference, at hand to quickly refresh their knowledge at any given time.