Pro Couchbase Server, 2nd Edition is published by Apress on November 26, 2015. This book has 349 pages in English, ISBN-10 1484211863, ISBN-13 978-1484211861. PDF is available for download below.
This new edition is a hands-on guide for developers and administrators who want to use the power and flexibility of Couchbase Server 4.0 in their applications. The second edition extends coverage of N1QL, the SQL-like query language for Couchbase. It also brings coverage of multiple new features, including the new generation of client SDKs, security and LDAP integration, secondary indexes, and multi-dimensional scaling. Pro Couchbase Server covers everything you need to develop Couchbase solutions and deploy them in production.
The NoSQL movement has fundamentally changed the database world in recent years. Influenced by the growing needs of web-scale applications, NoSQL databases such as Couchbase Server provide new approaches to scalability, reliability, and performance. Never have document databases been so powerful and performant. With the power and flexibility of Couchbase Server, you can model your data however you want, and easily change the data model any time you want. Pro Couchbase Server shows what is possible and helps you take full advantage of Couchbase Server and all the performance and scalability that it offers.
- Helps you design and develop a document database using Couchbase Server.
- Covers the latest features such as the N1QL query language.
- Gives you the tools to scale out your application as needed.
What you’ll learn
- Install and configure Couchbase Server
- Design a good data model for your application.
- Build mobile applications on the Xamarin platform.
- Deploy advanced query techniques in your application.
- Make use of the new and powerful N1 Query Language.
- Integrate Elastic Search for full-text access to your data.
- Manage Couchbase Server in a production environment.
- Scale your application as needed.
Who this book is for
Pro Couchbase Server is a comprehensive guide for developers looking to build scalable, high-performance application solutions. Written from hands-on experience, the book also provides detailed information for administrators on deploying, maintaining, and scaling out of Couchbase Server. Whether you want to build an application from scratch or migrate an existing application to a document database, Pro Couchbase Server has your back with solid guidance written from experienced practitioners who have experienced repeated success in deploying Couchbase Server in production environments.