Pro Android 5 is published by Apress on June 11, 2015. This book has 752 pages in English, ISBN-10 1430246804, ISBN-13 978-1430246800. PDF, AZW is available for download below.
Covers everything from the fundamentals of building apps for smartphones, tablets, and embedded devices to advanced concepts such as custom components, multi-tasking, sensors/augmented reality, better accessories support and much more. Learn to use key Android features such as Fragments, the ActionBar, Android’s location-based services, network-based services, and security.
- Using the tutorials and expert advice, you’ll quickly be able to build cool mobile apps and run them on dozens of Android-based smartphones.
- You’ll explore and use the Android APIs, including those for media and sensors.
- And you’ll check out what’s new in Android, including the improved user interface across all Android platforms, integration with services, and more.
By reading this definitive tutorial and reference, you’ll gain the knowledge and experience to create stunning, cutting-edge Android apps that can make you money, while keeping you agile enough to respond to changes in the future.
What you’ll learn
- How to use Android to build Java-based mobile apps for Android smartphones and tablets
- How to build irresistible user interfaces (UIs) and user experiences (UXs) across Android devices
- How to populate your application with data from data sources, using Content Providers
- How to build multimedia and game apps using Android’s media APIs
- How to use Android’s location-based services, network-based services, and security
- How to use key Android features, such as Fragments and the ActionBar
Who this book is for
This book is for professional software engineers and programmers looking to move their ideas and applications into the mobile space with Android. It assumes a passable understanding of Java, including how to write classes and handle basic inheritance structures.