Preparing for the Certified OpenStack Administrator Exam is published by Packt Publishing on August 24, 2017. This book has 338 pages in English, ISBN-10 B06WRT43DW, ISBN-13 B06WRT43DW. AZW is available for download below.
Preparing for the Certified OpenStack Administrator Exam.
This book provides you with a specific strategy to pass the OpenStack Foundation’s first professional certification: the Certified OpenStack Administrator. In a recent survey, 78% of respondents said the OpenStack skills shortage had deterred them from adopting OpenStack. Consider this an opportunity to increase employer and customer confidence by proving you have the skills required to administrate real-world OpenStack clouds.
You will begin your journey by getting well-versed with the OpenStack environment, understanding the benefits of taking the exam, and installing an included OpenStack all-in-one virtual appliance so you can work through objectives covered throughout the book. After exploring the basics of the individual services, you will be introduced to strategies to accomplish the exam objectives relevant to Keystone, Glance, Nova, Neutron, Cinder, Swift, Heat, and troubleshooting.
Finally, you’ll benefit from the special tips section and a practice exam to put your knowledge to the test. By the end of the journey, you will be ready to become a Certified OpenStack Administrator!
What you will learn
- Manage the Keystone identity service by creating and modifying domains, groups, projects, users, roles, services, endpoints, and quotas.
- Upload Glance images, launch new Nova instances, and create flavors, key pairs, and snapshots.
- Discover Neutron tenant and provider networks, security groups, routers, and floating IPs.
- Manage the Cinder block storage service by creating volumes and attaching them to instances.
- Create Swift containers and set access control lists to allow read/write access to your objects.
- Explore Heat orchestration templates and create, list, and update stacks.