Practical Paranoia macOS 10.13 Security Essentials is published by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform on September 17, 2017. This book has 574 pages in English, ISBN-10 1976513650, ISBN-13 978-1976513657. PDF is available for download below.
Practical Paranoia macOS 10.13 Security Essentials.
Official workbook for the Practical Paranoia: Security Essentials Workshop, STEM and college cybersecurity courses. Designed for instructor-led and self-study. The entire course is contained within the book. Includes all instructor presentations, hands-on assignments, links to all software, and security checklist.
You don’t need to be paranoid to know they are out there to get your computer, data, and identity.
• 2,000,000 laptops were stolen or lost in the US last year.
• Only 3% of stolen computers are ever recovered.
• Malware attacks on macOS have become commonplace.
• Hundreds of eyes may be able to see your name and password, along with the contents of every email you send.
• Once the bad guy has his hands on your Mac, it takes under one minute to bypass your password to gain access to all your data.
• With a slight bit of social engineering, your iCloud, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, and other social media accounts, along with all your data, is freely accessible.
• Through PRISM and other avenues, our government has access to your online browsing and email history.
You don’t need to be an Apple Genius to protect your system!
In this easy, step-by-step guide, CIO, Security Specialist, and Certified Apple Consultant Marc Mintz takes any macOS user–from the novice with no technical skills, to experienced IT professional–through the process of fully encrypting and hardening the security of their computer, data, email, documents, network, Instant Messaging, storage devices, computer, iCloud, browsing, and entire Internet experience.