Pivotal Certified Spring Enterprise Integration Specialist Exam: A Study Guide is published by Apress on November 5, 2015. This book has 523 pages in English, ISBN-10 1484207947, ISBN-13 978-1484207949. PDF, EPUB, MOBI is available for download below.
Pivotal Certified Spring Enterprise Integration Specialist Exam: A Study Guide.
Exam topics covered include tasks and scheduling, remoting, the Spring Web Services framework, RESTful services with Spring MVC, the Spring JMS module, JMS and JTA transactions with Spring, batch processing with Spring Batch and the Spring Integration framework. Prepare with confidence for the Pivotal Enterprise Integration with Spring Exam.
One of the important aspects of this book is a focus on new and modern abstractions provided by Spring. Therefore most of the features are shown with Java annotations alongside established XML configurations. Most of the examples in the book are also based on the Spring Boot framework. Spring Boot adoption is exponential because of its capability to significantly simplify Spring configuration using sensible opinionated defaults. But Spring Boot is not the target of the exam, therefore all the features are also covered with plain Spring configuration examples.
What you’ll learn
- How to use Spring to create concurrent applications and schedule tasks
- How to do remoting to implement client-server applications
- How to work with Spring Web services to create loosely coupled Web services and clients
- How to use Spring MVC to create RESTful web services and clients
- How to integrate JMS for asynchronous messaging-based communication
- How to use local JMS transactions with Spring
- How to configure global JTA transactions with Spring
- How to use Spring Integration to create event-driven pipes-and-filters architectures and integrate with external applications
- How to use Spring Batch for managed, scalable batch processing that is based on both custom and built-in processing components
Who this book is for
This book is for developers and architects with experience in programming and developing with the Spring Framework. Prerequisites are an understanding of Java, the dependency injection pattern and the Spring Inversion of Control container. All other features needed for the exam are covered from scratch, and are presented so as to be understandable to beginners as well as valuable for intermediates or experts.