Object-Oriented Analysis, Design and Implementation: An Integrated Approach, 2nd Edition is published by Springer on November 3, 2015. This book has 471 pages in English, ISBN-10 3319242784, ISBN-13 978-3319242781. PDF is available for download below.
Object-Oriented Analysis, Design and Implementation: An Integrated Approach, 2nd Edition.
The second edition of this textbook includes revisions based on the feedback on the first edition. In a new chapter the authors provide a concise introduction to the remainder of UML diagrams, adopting the same holistic approach as the first edition.
Using a case-study-based approach for providing a comprehensive introduction to the principles of object-oriented design, it includes:
- A sound footing on object-oriented concepts such as classes, objects, interfaces, inheritance, polymorphism, dynamic linking, etc.
- A good introduction to the stage of requirements analysis
- Use of UML to document user requirements and design
- An extensive treatment of the design process
- Coverage of implementation issues
- Appropriate use of design and architectural patterns
- Introduction to the art and craft of refactoring
- Pointers to resources that further the reader’s knowledge
The focus of the book is on implementation aspects, without which the learning is incomplete. This is achieved through the use of case studies for introducing the various concepts of analysis and design, ensuring that the theory is never separate from the implementation aspects.
All the main case studies used in this book have been implemented by the authors using Java. An appendix on Java provides a useful short tutorial on the language.