Microsoft HoloLens Developer's Guide is published by Packt Publishing on August 4, 2017. This book has 405 pages in English, ISBN-10 1786460858, ISBN-13 978-1786460851. AZW is available for download below.
Microsoft HoloLens Developer's Guide.
HoloLens, Microsoft’s innovative augmented reality headset, overlaps holograms into a user’s vision of their environment. Your ideas are closer to becoming real when you can create and work with holograms in relation to the world around you. If you are dreaming beyond virtual worlds, beyond screens, beyond pixels, and want to take a big leap in the world of augmented reality, then this is the book you want.
Starting off with brainstorming and the design process, you will take your first steps in creating your application for HoloLens. You will learn to add gestures and write an app that responds to verbal commands before gradually moving on creating sounds in the app and placing them in a 3D space. You will then communicate between devices in the boundaries of the UWP model.
Who This Book Is For
If you are a developer who wants to create augmented reality apps for the Microsoft HoloLens platform, then this is the book for you. Coding experience with C# is assumed.
What You Will Learn
- Design an app for HoloLens that is feasible and attractive to use
- Add gestures and interact with them
- Create sounds in the app and place them in a 3D space
- Use voice generation and voice recognition to make your apps more lifelike
- Interact with the physical environment to place holograms on top of physical objects
- Compare HoloLens with the other products and know how to use its strengths
- Use assets from third parties to enrich our app