The Maker's Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse: Defend Your Base with Simple Circuits, Arduino, and Raspberry Pi is published by No Starch Press on November 7, 2015. This book has 296 pages in English, ISBN-10 1593276672, ISBN-13 978-1593276676. PDF, EPUB, MOBI is available for download below.
The Maker's Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse: Defend Your Base with Simple Circuits, Arduino, and Raspberry Pi.
Where will you be when the zombie apocalypse hits? Trapping yourself in the basement? Roasting the family pet? Beheading reanimated neighbors?
No way. You’ll be building fortresses, setting traps, and hoarding supplies, because you, savvy survivor, have snatched up your copy of The Maker’s Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse before it’s too late. This indispensable guide to survival after Z-day, written by hardware hacker and zombie anthropologist Simon Monk, will teach you how to generate your own electricity, salvage parts, craft essential electronics, and out-survive the undead.
Take charge of your environment:
- Monitor zombie movement with trip wires and motion sensors
- Keep vigilant watch over your compound with Arduino and Raspberry Pi surveillance systems
- Power zombie defense devices with car batteries, bicycle generators, and solar power
Escape imminent danger:
- Repurpose old disposable cameras for zombie-distracting flashbangs
- Open doors remotely for a successful sprint home
- Forestall subplot disasters with fire and smoke detectors
Communicate with other survivors:
- Hail nearby humans using Morse code
- Pass silent messages with two-way vibration walkie-talkies
- Fervently scan the airwaves with a frequency hopper
For anyone from the budding maker to the keen hobbyist, The Maker’s Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse is an essential survival tool.