Learning VMware App Volumes is published by Packt Publishing on March 30, 2016. This book has 494 pages in English, ISBN-10 1785884387, ISBN-13 978-1785884382. PDF is available for download below.
Learning VMware App Volumes.
App Volumes provides a virtualized, real-time application delivery engine for virtual desktop infrastructure and is designed to enable VDI deployments to ensure greater flexibility, agility, and cost reduction.This book starts with an in-depth overview of the architecture and components used to design an optimized solution. We then show you how to install and configure App Volumes for different use cases such as VMware View integration, using VMware ThinApp, Citrix XenApp, and more.
Throughout the chapters, we provide hints, tips, and tricks as well as best practices. By the end of the book, you will have built a working App Volumes environment and acquired the skills to build and run a production environment.
What you will learn
- Find out how the VMware App Volumes solution can enhance the management and delivery of applications in your desktop environment
- Design a real-life App Volumes solution using best practices and following the recommended sizing guides
- Install, configure, and deploy App Volumes so it is ready to start delivering applications
- Create and prepare applications ready to be delivered to end users
- Discover how App Volumes can enhance other desktop solutions by looking at how it integrates with VMware Horizon View, VMware ThinApp, RDSH, and Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp
- Understand how to configure the advanced options within App Volumes