Learn BlackBerry 10 App Development: A Cascades-Driven Approach is published by Apress on March 26, 2014. This book has 356 pages in English, ISBN-10 1430261579, ISBN-13 978-1430261575. PDF is available for download below.
Starting with the native SDK configuration and an overview of the Momentics IDE, the book is fast-paced and you will rapidly learn many of the best practices and techniques required for developing beautiful BlackBerry 10 apps.
Learn BlackBerry 10 App Development is written for developers wishing to learn how to write apps for the new BlackBerry 10 OS and those interested in porting existing iOS and Android apps to BlackBerry 10 as native applications.
What you’ll learn
- How to design and create native BB10 applications using the declarative expressiveness of QML
- How to master the Cascades framework and the core BB10 UI components
- How to use C++ and Qt efficiently with Cascades
- How to utilize the BlackBerry Momentics IDE to launch and debug your applications
- How to apply the fundamental aspects and best practices of BB10 application design
- How to use HTTP networking in order to leverage remote services
- How to integrate your application with BlackBerry 10 core apps such as the Contacts and Calendar apps
- How to send email and short text messages from your app
- How to use your device’s camera and sensors such as the accelerometer and gyroscope
Who this book is for
BlackBerry developers wishing to write native BB10 applications, game developers. iOS and Android developers wishing to port their apps to BB 10.