Java I/O, NIO and NIO.2 is published by Apress on October 15, 2015. This book has 525 pages in English, ISBN-10 1484215664, ISBN-13 978-1484215661. PDF, EPUB is available for download below.
Java I/O, NIO and NIO.2.
Java I/O, NIO, and NIO.2 is a power-packed book that accelerates your mastery of Java’s various I/O APIs. In this book, you’ll learn about classic I/O APIs (File, RandomAccessFile, the stream classes and related types, and the reader/writer classes). Next, you’ll learn about NIO’s buffer, channel, selector, regular expression, charset, and formatter APIs. Finally, you’ll discover NIO.2’s offerings in terms of an improved file system interface, asynchronous I/O, and the completion of socket channel functionality.
After reading and using thi book, you’ll gain the accelerated knowledge and skill level to really build applications with efficient data access, especially for today’s cloud computing streaming data needs.
What you’ll learn
- How to set permissions and more with the classic File class
- How to build a flat file database with RandomAccessFile
- Get to know the byte array, file, filter, and other kinds of streams
- Master serialization and externalization
- Discover character streams and their associated writers/readers
- Tour the buffer APIs
- Work with channels to transfer buffers to and from I/O services
- Find out about selectors and readiness selection
- Master regular expressions
- Discover charsets and their association with Java’s String< class
- Take advantage of the formatter API to create formatted output
- How to customize the formatter API
- Explore the improved file system interface
- Discover asynchronous I/O and its association with futures and completion handlers
- Encounter socket channel improvements, including multicasting
Who this book is for
This book is for those experienced with Java, beyond the fundamentals.