Introducing Meteor is published by Apress on December 25, 2015. This book has 97 pages in English, ISBN-10 1430268360, ISBN-13 978-1430268369. PDF, EPUB is available for download below.
Meteor is a full stack application platform that makes it easy to build powerful, real time Web apps quickly. Introducing Meteor is a short book guiding you through building top-quality Web apps in a fraction of the time using an application platform built for the modern web. This book takes you from installing the development environment all the way through deploying a live app, and everything in between. Introducing Meteor covers how to build a prototype app in days instead of weeks; how to take advantage of reactive templates; leverage the hundreds of Smart Packages available; and employ best practices and avoid common errors made by beginners. Meteor gives you the tools you need to build better apps faster.
Web apps have come a long way since the 1990s, but they still require a lot of time, specialized knowledge and complex setups. Introducing Meteor shows you a better way.
What you’ll learn
- Learn to create top-quality, real time, Web apps in a fraction of the time.
- Use MongoDB to store your app’s data.
- Avoid common beginner errors and code using best practices.
- Use Atmosphere to locate smart packages created by the community and use them in your own site.
- Learn to deploy your app and share it with the world.
Who this book is for