Hands-On Mobile App Testing: A Guide for Mobile Testers and Anyone Involved in the Mobile App Business is published by Addison-Wesley Professional on May 28, 2015. This book has 256 pages in English, ISBN-10 0134191714, ISBN-13 978-0134191713. EPUB, AZW is available for download below.
Hands-On Mobile App Testing: A Guide for Mobile Testers and Anyone Involved in the Mobile App Business.
The First Complete Guide to Mobile App Testing and Quality Assurance: Start-to-Finish Testing Solutions for Both Android and iOS
Today, mobile apps must meet rigorous standards of reliability, usability, security, and performance. However, many mobile developers have limited testing experience, and mobile platforms raise new challenges even for long-time testers. Now, Hands-On Mobile App Testing provides the solution: an end-to-end blueprint for thoroughly testing any iOS or Android mobile app.
Reflecting his extensive real-life experience, Daniel Knott offers practical guidance on everything from mobile test planning to automation. He provides expert insights on mobile-centric issues, such as testing sensor inputs, battery usage, and hybrid apps, as well as advice on coping with device and platform fragmentation, and more.
If you want top-quality apps as much as your users do, this guide will help you deliver them. You’ll find it invaluable–whether you’re part of a large development team or you are the team.
Learn how to
- Establish your optimal mobile test and launch strategy
- Create tests that reflect your customers, data networks, devices, and business models
- Choose and implement the best Android and iOS testing tools
- Automate testing while ensuring comprehensive coverage
- Master both functional and nonfunctional approaches to testing
- Address mobile’s rapid release cycles
- Test on emulators, simulators, and actual devices
- Test native, hybrid, and Web mobile apps
- Gain value from crowd and cloud testing (and understand their limitations)
- Test database access and local storage
- Drive value from testing throughout your app lifecycle
- Start testing wearables, connected homes/cars, and Internet of Things devices