Guide to Computer Network Security (Computer Communications and Networks), 2nd Edition is published by Springer on January 3, 2013. This book has 521 pages in English, ISBN-10 1447145429, ISBN-13 978-1447145424. PDF is available for download below.
Guide to Computer Network Security (Computer Communications and Networks), 2nd Edition.
With the growth of cloud computing, social networks, and ever more advanced mobile devices, information security and assurance has become more important than ever before.
This comprehensive and authoritative Guide to Computer Network Security exposes the various security risks and vulnerabilities of computer networks and networked devices, offering advice on developing improved algorithms and best practices for enhancing system security. Fully revised and updated, this much-anticipated new edition embraces a broader view of computer networks that encompasses new agile mobile systems and social networks.
Topics and features:
- Provides supporting material for lecturers and students at an associated website, including an instructor’s manual, slides, solutions, and laboratory materials
- Includes both quickly-workable questions and more thought-provoking advanced exercises at the end of each chapter
- Devotes an entire chapter to laboratory exercises, offering both weekly and semester-long assignments, and hard open research projects
- Surveys known security threats, and discusses flaws and vulnerabilities in computer network infrastructures and protocols
- Reviews existing best practices, proposes practical and efficient solutions to security issues, and encourages readers to investigate alternative possible approaches
- Explores the role of legislation, regulation, and law enforcement in maintaining computer and computer network security
- Examines the impact of developments in virtualization, cloud computing, and mobile systems, which have extended the boundaries of the traditional computer network
This unique text/reference is an essential instructional and research tool for undergraduates in computer science and engineering. It is also a valuable reference for practitioners involved in computer networks and data security.