Going GAS: From VBA to Google Apps Script is published by O'Reilly Media on February 29, 2016. This book has 456 pages in English, ISBN-10 1491940468, ISBN-13 978-1491940464. PDF, EPUB, MOBI is available for download below.
Going GAS: From VBA to Google Apps Script.
Whether you’re moving from Microsoft Office to Google Docs or simply want to learn how to automate Docs with Google Apps Script, this practical guide shows you by example how to work with each of the major Apps Script services.
- Use App Script’s equivalent of Excel’s object model
- Target the most commonly used parts of Microsoft Word
- Automate processes in Gmail, Calendar, and Contacts
- Access the local client filesystem with Google Drive
- Build and run applications in a browser
- Store persistent data conveniently
- Render HTML content in response to HTTP requests
- Automate the maintenance and creation of pages and content
- Interact with a REST service or NoSQL database
- Access Apps Script capabilities from other platforms