Getting Started with Terraform is published by Packt Publishing on July 31, 2017. This book has 208 pages in English, ISBN-10 1788623533, ISBN-13 978-1788623537. AZW is available for download below.
Getting Started with Terraform.
Terraform is a tool used to efficiently build, configure, and improve the production infrastructure. It can manage the existing infrastructure as well as create custom in-house solutions.
This book shows you when and how to implement infrastructure as a code practices with Terraform. It covers everything necessary to set up the complete management of infrastructure with Terraform, starting with the basics of using providers and resources. It is a comprehensive guide that begins with very small infrastructure templates and takes you all the way to managing complex systems, all using concrete examples that evolve over the course of the book. The book ends with the complete workflow of managing a production infrastructure as code—this is achieved with the help of version control and continuous integration. The readers will also learn how to combine multiple providers in a single template and manage different code bases with many complex modules. It focuses on how to set up continuous integration for the infrastructure code.
The readers will be able to use Terraform to build, change, and combine infrastructure safely and efficiently.
What you will learn
- Understand what Infrastructure as Code (IaC) means and why it matters
- Install, configure, and deploy Terraform
- Take full control of your infrastructure in the form of code
- Manage complete infrastructure, starting with a single server and scaling beyond any limits
- Discover a great set of production-ready practices to manage infrastructure
- Set up CI/CD pipelines to test and deliver Terraform stacks
- Construct templates to simplify more complex provisioning tasks