Genetic Algorithms in Java Basics is published by Apress on November 27, 2015. This book has 154 pages in English, ISBN-10 1484203291, ISBN-13 978-1484203293. PDF, EPUB is available for download below.
Genetic Algorithms in Java Basics.
Genetic Algorithms in Java Basics is a brief introduction to solving problems using genetic algorithms, with working projects and solutions written in the Java programming language. This brief book will guide you step-by-step through various implementations of genetic algorithms and some of their common applications, with the aim to give you a practical understanding allowing you to solve your own unique, individual problems. After reading this book you will be comfortable with the language specific issues and concepts involved with genetic algorithms and you’ll have everything you need to start building your own.
Genetic algorithms are frequently used to solve highly complex real world problems and with this book you too can harness their problem solving capabilities. Understanding how to utilize and implement genetic algorithms is an essential tool in any respected software developers toolkit. So step into this intriguing topic and learn how you too can improve your software with genetic algorithms, and see real Java code at work which you can develop further for your own projects and research.
- Guides you through the theory behind genetic algorithms
- Explains how genetic algorithms can be used for software developers trying to solve a range of problems
- Provides a step-by-step guide to implementing genetic algorithms in Java
What you’ll learn
- How to construct genetic algorithms in Java which you can extend for your own projects and research
- What genetic algorithms are and the biological inspiration behind them
- How genetic algorithms can be implemented to solve problems
- Solving a traveling salesman problem and how to apply a genetic algorithm to it
- How to use a genetic algorithm to solve timetabling problems
- How a genetic algorithm can be used to build a robotic controller
- Applying optimization techniques to genetic algorithms
Who this book is for
Genetic Algorithms in Java Basics is perfect for developers, researchers and students who are working on problems where genetic algorithms may be a solution and need to program real, working code in Java. It’s also suitable for all Java developers who are curious about genetic algorithms who would like a practical, hands-on introduction to genetic algorithms using Java.