Foundations of Joomla!, 2nd Edition is published by Apress on July 2, 2015. This book has 512 pages in English, ISBN-10 1484207505, ISBN-13 978-1484207505. PDF, EPUB, AZW is available for download below.
Foundations of Joomla is a step by step practical guide that explains building web sites and blogs using Joomla – a very popular and powerful content management system (CMS). The book takes you through the steps of installing Joomla, configuring your database, creating a blog and a website, followed by instructions on creating new posts and adding content to your site. Even if you are an absolute beginner and don’t have any programming experience, you can build responsive, powerful, and fully featured websites quickly. Following clear and easy to understand instructions, you’ll master Joomla 3 by building a sample site throughout the book.
What you’ll learn
- Plan, design, create, secure, and administer your site
- Add menus, modules, articles, images, and other content to your site
- Apply different templates to make your site attractive and appealing
- Enable visitors to create accounts and add their own content
- Add extensions to your site to extend its capabilities, like selling products from your site, etc.
- Make your site multilingual and search engine friendly
Who this book is for
Foundations of Joomla addresses beginners who don’t have deep experience in programming languages. The book teaches how to build professional fully featured websites using Joomla 3. It explains all the topics that are required in designing, creating, and managing a dynamic and interactive web site through clear and step by step instructions. The book will be very beneficial for developers and instructors too who want to learn or teach building websites.