Expert F# 4.0, 4th Edition is published by Apress on December 21, 2015. This book has 582 pages in English, ISBN-10 1484207416, ISBN-13 978-1484207413. PDF, EPUB is available for download below.
Expert F# 4.0, 4th Edition.
Learn from F#’s inventor to become an expert in the latest version of this powerful programming language so you can seamlessly integrate functional, imperative, object-oriented, and query programming style flexibly and elegantly to solve any programming problem. Expert F# 4.0 will help you achieve unrivaled levels of programmer productivity and program clarity across multiple platforms including Windows, Linux, Android, OSX, and iOS as well as HTML5 and GPUs.
F# 4.0 is a mature, open source, cross-platform, functional-first programming language which empowers users and organizations to tackle complex computing problems with simple, maintainable, and robust code.
Expert F# 4.0 is:
- A comprehensive guide to the latest version of F# by the inventor of the language
- A treasury of F# techniques for practical problem-solving
- An in-depth case book of F# applications and F# 4.0 concepts, syntax, and features
Written by F#’s inventor and two major F# community members, Expert F# 4.0 is a comprehensive and in-depth guide to the language and its use. Designed to help others become experts, the book quickly yet carefully describes the paradigms supported by F# language, and then shows how to use F# elegantly for a practical web, data, parallel and analytical programming tasks.
The world’s experts in F# show you how to program in F# the way they do!
What you’ll learn
- Explore F# and its features quickly and thoroughly in the introductory chapters
- Use F# with matching technologies including SQL, LINQ, ASP.NET and REST
- Build reactive, asynchronous, and distributed web applications with F#
- Interoperate with F# from other languages, especially C#
- Integrate data sources and services using F# 4.0 Information-Rich Programming
- Test, profile, and performance tune F# applications
- Create mobile applications, both web and native
Who this book is for
Expert F# 4.0 is for anyone interested in state-of-the-art programming for solving real-world problems. Programmers of all backgrounds will find it engrossing. For C#, Java and VB programmers, F# provides invaluable insights into the future of these languages. For lovers of Python, Ruby and other dynamic languages, F# shows how you can get most of the benefits of these languages while keeping strong types and good performance. For educators, F# is the answer to a decades-long prayer: a language based on strong computer science concepts that also excites and empowers, not just in the classroom, but also in the real world.