Expert ASP.NET Web API 2 for MVC Developers is published by Apress on August 16, 2014. This book has 688 pages in English, ISBN-10 1484200861, ISBN-13 978-1484200865. PDF is available for download below.
Web API 2 is the latest evolution of Microsoft’s web services toolkit, which allows the creation of RESTful applications built on the ASP.NET platform. It provides a standards-based approach and a high-productivity development model that makes it easy to deliver services to a wide-range of clients, including mobile devices.
This book puts Web API into context for the experienced MVC Framework developer and dives deep into the tools and techniques required to build Web API applications that integrate with the MVC Framework and shows you how to create single-page applications to consume them.
Best-selling author Adam Freeman explains how to get the most from Web API 2 by building on the foundation of the MVC Framework and the ASP.NET platform. He starts with the nuts-and-bolts and shows you everything through to advanced features, going in-depth to give you the knowledge you need.
What you’ll learn
- Gain a solid architectural understanding of RESTful services
- Learn how to leverage the MVC pattern and components to build web services
- Generate and process JSON data from data models
- Learn what’s new in Web API 2 and how best to apply these new features
- Build secure and scalable web services that integrate with MVC applications
- Extend Web API 2 to customize it to your needs
Each topic is covered clearly and concisely and is packed with the details you need to learn to be truly effective. The most important features are given a no-nonsense in-depth treatment and chapters include common problems and details of how to avoid them.
Who this book is for
Experienced MVC developers who want to build and integrate web applications using the latest version of Web API 2