Embedded Firmware Solutions: Development Best Practices for the Internet of Things is published by Apress on January 27, 2015. This book has 224 pages in English, ISBN-10 1484200713, ISBN-13 978-1484200711. PDF, EPUB, MOBI is available for download below.
Embedded Firmware Solutions is the perfect introduction and daily-use field guide–for the thousands of firmware designers, hardware engineers, architects, managers, and developers–to Intel’s new firmware direction (including Quark coverage), showing how to integrate Intel® Architecture designs into their plans.
Featuring hands-on examples and exercises using Open Source codebases, like Coreboot and EFI Development Kit (tianocore) and Chromebook, this is the first book that combines a timely and thorough overview of firmware solutions for the rapidly evolving embedded ecosystem with in-depth coverage of requirements and optimization.
What you’ll learn
- Understand the key differences between PC and embedded ecosystems in terms of firmware needs.
- Thorough underpinning of Intel’s firmware solutions.
- How to build a firmware stack for Quark.
- How to integrate FSP with a bootloader, by studying the hands-on example of Coreboot and UEFI.
- How to make a smart “build-it or buy-it” decision when starting a new embedded project.
Who this book is for
Firmware designers and engineers, hardware engineers, software architects, and product development managers.