Digital Image Compositing Fundamentals is published by Apress on October 1, 2015. This book has 166 pages in English, ISBN-10 1484216393, ISBN-13 978-1484216392. PDF, EPUB is available for download below.
Digital Imaging Compositing Fundamentals is an introductory title covering concepts central to digital imagery and digital image compositing using software packages such as Adobe Photoshop or the open source GIMP software. The book builds on the fundamental concepts of pixels, color depth and layers, and gets more advanced as chapters progress, covering pixel transparency using the alpha channel, pixel blending using Porter-Duff blending and transfer modes, and digital image file formats and key factors regarding a data footprint optimization work process.
What you’ll learn
- The terminology of digital imaging
- What comprises a digital image compositing pipeline
- Concepts behind digital imaging terminology
- How to install and use GIMP
- Concepts behind color depth and image optimization
- Digital imaging compositing support on popular open source platforms
- How digital image compositing is accomplished in Java, HTML5 and Android
Who this book is for
Photographers, Designers, Artists – anyone interested in Digital Image compositing and manipulation.