The Definitive Guide to MongoDB: A complete guide to dealing with Big Data using MongoDB, 3rd Edition is published by Apress on December 9, 2015. This book has 343 pages in English, ISBN-10 1484211839, ISBN-13 978-1484211830. PDF is available for download below.
The Definitive Guide to MongoDB: A complete guide to dealing with Big Data using MongoDB, 3rd Edition.
The Definitive Guide to MongoDB, Third Edition, is updated for MongoDB 3 and includes all of the latest MongoDB features, including the aggregation framework introduced in version 2.2 and hashed indexes in version 2.4. The Third Edition also now includes Node.js along with Python.
MongoDB is the most popular of the “Big Data” NoSQL database technologies, and it’s still growing. David Hows from 10gen, along with experienced MongoDB authors Peter Membrey and Eelco Plugge, provide their expertise and experience in teaching you everything you need to know to become a MongoDB pro.
What you’ll learn
- Set up MongoDB on all major server platforms, including Windows, Linux, OS X, and cloud platforms like Rackspace, Azure, and Amazon EC2
- Work with GridFS and the new aggregation framework
- Work with your data using non-SQL commands
- Write applications using either Node.js or Python
- Optimize MongoDB
- Master MongoDB administration, including replication, replication tagging, and tag-aware sharding
Who this book is for
Database admins and developers who need to get up to speed on MongoDB and its Big Data, NoSQL approach to dealing with data management.