Custom Raspberry Pi Interfaces: Design and build hardware interfaces for the Raspberry Pi is published by Apress on January 29, 2017. This book has 216 pages in English, ISBN-10 1484224051, ISBN-13 978-1484224052. PDF is available for download below.
Custom Raspberry Pi Interfaces: Design and build hardware interfaces for the Raspberry Pi.
Design and build custom hardware interfaces for the Raspberry Pi and discover low cost display and sensor options for embedded system projects.
With this book you’ll master 12C communications using Raspbian Linux in C++ and perform ADC and DAC experiments. You’ll experiment with debounce buttons and switches using hardware and software solutions. Develop flywheel rotary encoder effects for ease of tuning and construct a hardware interface to the Music Playing Daemon (MPD) with developed software. Discover how to add your own hardware keypad for remote combination lock applications.
- Build simple, low cost input/output interfaces including rotary encoders
- Interface with 5-volt devices from a 3-volt Raspberry Pi system
- Apply analog to digital and digital to analog conversions on the Pi
- Read potentiometers (volume control) from the Pi
- Determine step, directions, and velocity of a rotary encoder
- Perform remote interfacing using the I2 PCF8574 chip
- Work with external CMOS devices like the 74HC595 (in C++)
Who this book is for:
Students and hobbyists interested in building custom interfaces for their Raspberry Pis.