CSS Quick Syntax Reference is published by Apress on September 4, 2014. This book has 148 pages in English, ISBN-10 143026490X, ISBN-13 978-1430264903. PDF is available for download below.
CSS Quick Syntax Reference.
The CSS Quick Syntax Reference is a 150-page syntax reference to the Cascading Style Sheet specification and style sheet language. It presents the essentials of CSS in a well-organized format that can be used as a handy reference.
You won’t find any technical jargon, bloated samples, drawn out history lessons or witty stories in this book. What you will find is a CSS reference that is concise, to the point, and highly accessible. The book is packed with useful information and is a must-have for any CSS programmer or Web developer.
In the CSS Quick Syntax Reference, you will find:
- A concise reference to CSS
- Short, simple, and focused code examples for presentation semantics
- A well laid out table of contents and a comprehensive index allowing easy review
What you’ll learn
- How to handle fundamentals like adding styles to HTML/XHTML as well as rule structure, style precedence, element classifications and display roles, visual layout, and floating and table layouts
- How to work with CSS values like keywords, color and number values, percentage values, length values, and strings
- How to apply CSS selectors: structural pseudo-classes, the negation pseudo-class, interaction pseudo-classes, pseudo-elements, and media queries
- How to use CSS property references like universal values, visual media, paged media, and more
Who this book is for
This book is a handy, pocket quick syntax reference for experienced CSS developers as well as perhaps other programmers and Web developers new to CSS.