Creating Dynamic UI with Android Fragments, 2nd Edition is published by Packt Publishing on March 23, 2016. This book has 154 pages in English, ISBN-10 1785889591, ISBN-13 978-1785889592. PDF, EPUB is available for download below.
Today’s users expect mobile apps to be dynamic and highly interactive, with rich navigation features. These same apps must look fantastic whether running on a medium-resolution smartphone or high-resolution tablet. Fragments provide the toolset we need to meet these user expectations by enabling us to build our applications out of adaptable components that take advantage of the rich capabilities of each individual device and automatically adapt to their differences.This book looks at the impact fragments have on Android UI design and their role in both simplifying many common UI challenges and in providing best practices for incorporating rich UI behaviors. We look closely at the roll of fragment transactions and how to work with the Android back stack. Leveraging this understanding, we explore several specialized fragment-related classes such as ListFragment and DialogFragment. We then go on to discuss how to implement rich navigation features such as swipe-based screen browsing, and the role of fragments when developing applications that take advantage of the latest aspects of Material Design.
You will learn everything you need to provide dynamic, multi-screen UIs within a single activity, and the rich UI features demanded by today’s mobile users.
What You Will Learn
- Learn the role and capabilities of fragments
- Use Android Studio’s fragment-oriented features
- Create an app UI that works effectively on smartphones and tablets
- Manage the creation and life cycle of fragments
- Dynamically manage fragments using the FragmentTransaction class
- Learn the application design for communicating between fragments
- Leverage fragments when implementing applications that take advantage of the latest features of Material Design