Cloud Computing: Methods and Practical Approaches (Computer Communications and Networks) is published by Springer on May 16, 2013. This book has 347 pages in English, ISBN-10 1447151062, ISBN-13 978-1447151067. PDF is available for download below.
Cloud Computing: Methods and Practical Approaches (Computer Communications and Networks).
The benefits associated with cloud computing are enormous; yet the dynamic, virtualized, distributed and multi-tenant nature of the cloud environment presents many challenges.
To help tackle these challenges, Cloud Computing: Methods and Practical Approaches provides illuminating viewpoints and helpful case studies, supplied by an international selection of pre-eminent authorities from both industry and academia. This comprehensive text/reference presents both state-of-the-art research developments and practical guidance on approaches, technologies and frameworks for the emerging cloud paradigm.
Topics and features:
- Presents the state of the art in cloud technologies, infrastructures, and service delivery and deployment models
- Discusses relevant theoretical frameworks, practical approaches and suggested methodologies
- Offers guidance and best practices for the development of cloud-based services and infrastructures, and examines management aspects of cloud computing
- Reviews consumer perspectives on mobile cloud computing and cloud-based enterprise resource planning
- Explores software performance testing, open-source cloudware support, and assessment methodologies for modernization, migration and pre-migration
- Describes emerging new methodologies relevant to the cloud paradigm, and provides suggestions for future developments and research directions
This timely volume is ideal for use both as a primer/textbook for students of cloud computing, and as a professional reference for software architects, infrastructure specialists and other cloud practitioners. A program of study for a 12-week teaching semester is suggested in the Preface.