The four games you’ll develop from reading this book are:
- Jewel Jam
- Penguin Pairs
- Tick Tick
These four games are casual, arcade-style games representing the aim-and-shoot, puzzle, maze, and platform styles of game play.
The final chapters in the book contain a very nice bonus of sorts. In them you will find excerpts from interviews with two prominent people from the game industry: Mark Overmars, who is CTO of Tingly Games and creator of GameMaker, and Peter Vesterbacka, the CMO of Rovio Entertainment – the creators of the Angry Birds franchise. Their insight and perspective round off what is already a fun and valuable book.
What you’ll learn
- Create games to run on phones and tablets
- Manage sprites and other game objects
- React to player input through touch and button presses
- Allow game players to progress through different levels
- Achieve realistic movement through applied physics
- Prepare your games properly for commercial deployment
Who this book is for