Beginning Neo4j is published by Apress on December 24, 2015. This book has 153 pages in English, ISBN-10 1484212282, ISBN-13 978-1484212288. PDF is available for download below.
This book is your introduction in the world of graph databases, and the benefits they can bring to your applications. Neo4j is the most established graph database on the market, and it’s always improving to bring more of its benefits to you. Beginning Neo4j will take you from the installation of Neo4j through to building a full application with Neo4j at its heart, and everything in between.
Using this book, you’ll get everything up and running, and then learn how to use Neo4j to build up recommendations, relationships, and calculate the shortest route between two locations. With example data models, and an application putting everything together, this book will give you everything you need to really get started with Neo4j.
Neo4j is being used by social media and ecommerce industry giants. You can take advantage of Neo4j’s powerful features and benefits – add Beginning Neo4j to your library today.
What you’ll learn
- Learn what Neo4j is and methods on how to install it
- Using Cypher, Neo4js query language to retrieve data
- Example data structures to help shape your application
- How to create relationships and recommendations between data
- Create an application that uses PHP and Neo4j together
- Taking your new Neo4j application into production
- Use Neo4j to calculate the shortest path between two locations
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone who wants to get started with graph databases, and doesn’t know where to start.