Beginning Hybrid Mobile Application Development is published by Apress on December 29, 2015. This book has 244 pages in English, ISBN-10 1484213157, ISBN-13 978-1484213155. PDF, EPUB, MOBI is available for download below.
Today, a mobile device user prefers installed application over browsing internet; e.g. booking cab, buying movie tickets, watching you tube videos etc. Market share of mobile devices based on android, iOS & Windows Phone is considerable. Creating an installable application targeting these multiple devices involves too much of pain because of expertise required e.g. Java for android, Objective C for iOS and DotNET for Windows Phone. Shortcomings of this development approach are – more development time, it requires different expertise & involves less reusability of the code.
A solution to this problem is HTML 5, JQuery, CSS 3 based – Hybrid Mobile Applications .
These hybrid applications needs to be created once but after packaging can be deployed on multiple mobile devices like Android, iOS & Windows Phone. This kind of application development has edge over native application development.
This book covers:
- Basics of Hybrid Application Development
- Platforms, Frameworks used for Hybrid Application Development
- Internals of how hybrid applications work
- Hybrid Application Development using available APIs
- Accessing data in hybrid application
- Role of JSON over XML in hybrid application
- Code Security
This book will change the paradigm of mobile application development as the efforts are less, learning curve is small, success ratio is high and monetary benefit is on higher side!
What you’ll learn
- How to create, package, test & deploy hybrid mobile application step by step
- How to solve issues while accessing device specific features
- How to establish synergy between web application & mobile application
- Insight to advertisement frameworks in hybrid applications
- How to secure code in hybrid application
Who this book is for
Mobile application developers for Android, iOS, Windows Phone architects, and technical managers.