Beginning HTML5 Media: Make the most of the new video and audio standards for the Web, 2nd Edition is published by Apress on June 11, 2015. This book has 304 pages in English, ISBN-10 1484204611, ISBN-13 978-1484204610. PDF, EPUB, AZW is available for download below.
Beginning HTML5 Media, Second Edition is a comprehensive introduction to HTML5 video and audio. The HTML5 video standard enables browsers to support audio and video elements natively. This makes it very easy for web developers to publish audio and video, integrating both within the general presentation of web pages. For example, media elements can be styled using CSS (style sheets), viewed on a mobile device, and manipulated in a Canvas or an audio filter graph. The book offers techniques for providing accessibility to media elements, enabling consistent handling of alternative representations of media resources. The update includes all of the changes and revisions since the first HTML5 draft.
What you’ll learn
- How to create cross-browser markup in HTML to include audio and video into your web pages
- How to replace the default controls of web browsers with your own or “skin” your media player
- How to integrate media elements with other HTML5 constructs such as CSS, Canvas, or Web Worker Threads
- How to make audio and video accessible
- How to use media fragment URIs to address certain temporal subparts or tracks of a media resource
- How to work with the Web Audio API
Who this book is for
This book is for those who are proficient in authoring and publishing Web pages, but have never utilized audio and video. It will also help those proficient in the use of Adobe Flash, Microsoft Silverlight, or QuickTime to understand what is happening in HTML5 media and how to use the new media elements.