Beginning Hibernate, 3rd Edition is published by Apress on March 31, 2014. This book has 236 pages in English, ISBN-10 1430265175, ISBN-13 978-1430265177. PDF is available for download below.
Beginning Hibernate, Third Edition is ideal if you’re experienced in Java with databases (the traditional, or “connected,” approach), but new to open-source, lightweight Hibernate, a leading object-relational mapping and database-oriented application development framework.
This book packs in information about the release of the Hibernate 4.x persistence layer and provides a clear introduction to the current standard for object-relational persistence in Java. And since the book keeps its focus on Hibernate without wasting time on nonessential third-party tools, you’ll be able to immediately start building transaction-based engines and applications.
Experienced authors Joseph Ottinger with Dave Minter and Jeff Linwood provide more in-depth examples than any other book for Hibernate beginners. The authors also present material in a lively, example-based manner—not a dry, theoretical, hard-to-read fashion.
What you’ll learn
- How to build enterprise Java-based transaction-type applications that access complex data with Hibernate
- How to work with Hibernate 4
- Where to integrate into the persistence life cycle
- How to map using annotations, Hibernate XML files, and more
- How to search and query with the new version of Hibernate
- How to integrate with MongoDB using NoSQL
Who this book is for
This book is for Java developers who want to learn about Hibernate.