Beginning Hibernate, 3rd Edition is published by Apress on March 31, 2014. This book has 236 pages in English, ISBN-10 1430265175, ISBN-13 978-1430265177. PDF is available for download below.
Beginning Hibernate, 3rd Edition.
Beginning Hibernate, Third Edition is ideal if you’re experienced in Java with databases (the traditional, or “connected,” approach), but new to open-source, lightweight Hibernate, a leading object-relational mapping and database-oriented application development framework.
This book packs in information about the release of the Hibernate 4.x persistence layer and provides a clear introduction to the current standard for object-relational persistence in Java. And since the book keeps its focus on Hibernate without wasting time on nonessential third-party tools, you’ll be able to immediately start building transaction-based engines and applications.
Experienced authors Joseph Ottinger with Dave Minter and Jeff Linwood provide more in-depth examples than any other book for Hibernate beginners. The authors also present material in a lively, example-based manner—not a dry, theoretical, hard-to-read fashion.
What you’ll learn
- How to build enterprise Java-based transaction-type applications that access complex data with Hibernate
- How to work with Hibernate 4
- Where to integrate into the persistence life cycle
- How to map using annotations, Hibernate XML files, and more
- How to search and query with the new version of Hibernate
- How to integrate with MongoDB using NoSQL
Who this book is for
This book is for Java developers who want to learn about Hibernate.