Barcodes with iOS: Bringing together the digital and physical worlds is published by Manning on February 6, 2015. This book has 248 pages in English, ISBN-10 161729215X, ISBN-13 978-1617292156. PDF, EPUB, MOBI is available for download below.
Barcodes with iOS teaches you how to effectively use barcodes in your iOS apps. You’ll master Apple’s new barcode frameworks while you explore real-world examples that integrate code scanning and generation and metadata retrieval into your apps. Along the way, you’ll pick up numerous best practices for bringing together the physical and digital worlds.
- Learn about all barcode formats supported by iOS
- Native barcode scanning with AV Foundation
- Using Core Image and BarCodeKit to produce a wide range of barcodes
- Printing to sheets and labels with AirPrint
- Retrieving metadata for products with NSURLSession and NSURLProtocol
- Harnessing context information from Core Location and iBeacons
About the Technology
Barcodes are a universal way to track and share information, appearing on everything from cereal boxes to shop windows. Starting with iOS 7, Apple has added native features for building apps that scan, display, and print barcodes, eliminating the need for third-party libraries.
About the reader
This book is written for readers with a working knowledge of Objective-C and iOS app development.